Herman van Bon Photography

Fine Art Photography, Napier, South Africa.

Where I like to be:

In 2000 we emigrated from The Netherlands to South Africa but only the past 2 years we are really enjoying ourselves in home-sweet-home-in-Napier in the Overberg region in the Western Cape. Not that we did not enjoy the years before but there is a difference.

Napier and direct surrounds are a photographer’s paradise; there is no area in the Western Cape with such an intensity of ever changing light colours; rain or shine. Wonderful layered landscapes unfold themselves; the change of the seasons, the challenge of getting lost in the ‘outback’….. You name it.

Napier is a place to discover; especially the surrounding landscapes. Pity that hardly any traveller, between the tourist hotspots of Cape Town and Cape Agulhas turn off the main road to get lost….. Or should I be happy about that?

25 thoughts on “Greetings from Napier (36 pictures to tease you)

1. Olga says:

Beautiful images of the Western Cape. โค

1. Thank you Olga!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ โค

2. harperzee says:

Absolutely love these vivid images. Taking the road less travelled is always the best choice. ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

3. Don’t worry, Herman. If you keep posting such beautiful photos, those tourists are going to come. What a place!

1. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

4. Gloria W. says:

Nice pic as always

5. Adrian Lewis says:

Maybe you should be happy about that … ๐Ÿ˜‰ … I once came upon a vast crowd trying to see a rare bird on the Somerset Levels and it was all rather surreal … ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Secretly I am very glad. Please don’t spread the word ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

6. Jill Leahy says:

Keep the crowds away at all costs. It is a gem.

Liked by 1 person

1. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ YEP!!! ssssttt…

1. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

7. Tina Schell says:

Beautiful photos Herman – if only I’d been told about it before our visit to Cape Town ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Liked by 1 person

1. A reason to come back and from the airport take the turn to the left (direction George, etc.) instead the other way. Cape Town is attractive on first sight (that’s why it attracts so many tourists) but the real inner beauty you will find >100km beyond Cape town… ๐Ÿ˜€ โค

8. Reblogged this on Life in the Overberg and commented:

Why I live there

9. Een prachtige omgeving Herman en prachtig weergegeven. Het glooiende doet op sommige foto’s aan Zuid-Limburg denken, alleen de Vaalser Berg is niet…. hoe zal ik het zeggen…. helemaal on par. Maar die kleuren, dat uitbundige, die vruchtbaarheid – schitterend.

Liked by 1 person

1. Yep… wij zijn erg bevoorrecht.

10. Definitly you should be happy! Awsome captures!
    Happy Greetings from Stuttgart!
    Karin

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Karin. In the far away past I always lodged in Tubingen (not too far from you) in the Hechinger Strasse at Frau & Herr Keck but they have gone in the meantime. Loved Tubingen (Stuttgard no so…) and I always made a detour when going to and from Austria, Switzerland, Italy. In the morning I always got a sausage for on the road. Sometimes I miss those days but then, when I look around here ….. I’m very happy!

Greetings from Napier (whenever you plan to go to South Africa; we do have a guest room)

Herman

11. What a sweet story! Thank you so much. I love that cosy student town. It’s nearby my home and I am really often there, strolling through the little streets and have a coffee.
    But I can imagine that you are very happy in South Africa. It’s a wonderful country. In 2011 we made a round tour for 4 weeks and it was one of my best travel experiences. Thanks a lot for your lovely invitation! Who knows, may be some time I had the chance to visit again … I would love to meet you then.
    Wish you happy Easter days!
    Karin

1. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ โค

12. satyanveshee says:

So much color! Great pictures indeed.

1. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ โค